Myla's 1st Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Party Time!



















You'll have to look at these pictures out of order. I'm not fighting with the computer to rearrange them. So my mom obviously had my party theme cupcakes. She put me in a silly tutu and made a shirt with a cupcake on the front and #1 on the back. She even found cute pink shoes with the tulle on them. I had family and friends share my big day with me. I was exhausted after walking all around, opening presents, and eating my big cupcake. I received many fun gifts and cute outfits. I am grateful for all of them. (and so is Mattingly) The menu included mini mac n cheese bites, which were a hit, cupcake pizzas, taco dip, veggies and dip and cheese and crackers. Mom made 60 cupcakes-vanilla, chocolate and funfetti, white chocolate covered oreos, and chocolate chip cookie dough mini cupcakes (molded). Those were supposed to be dipped in chocolate as well but mom had a hard time melting the chocolate to a soupy texture. Despite that people enjoyed those as well. Laura made the fun streamer background and 2 tablecloth pin idea. Mom made a 1st birthday sign and put up pictures from each month of me with humpty dumpty. She also made pin the cherry on the cupcake but b/c it was hiding behind people sitting in the chairs mom forgot to do it. :( Bummer. It was a birthday to remember. And I will be able to b/c mom had Tracy videotape it. Well opening the presents anyway. Thanks all for coming!! Sorry to those who live far away and couldn't make it.

2 comments:

  1. And what a party it was! Happy Birthday, Myla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this. I don't even know if you'll read this but it looked SO cute. I love all the cupcakes. I wish we could have been there. Myla looked so cute--I mean I recognize some of the pictures but I feel like I didn't see them all. Good job on the party (very delayed) Meg! :)
    ~em

    ReplyDelete